Friday, July 27, 2018

Hymn to Joe

I know its not Wednesday, but I had some time and thought I would share this newly composed hymn-prayer to Joe. I came across it a couple months back, and since then, it has become one of my favorites. It's in Spanish, so if you need a translation, I've shared my own at the bottom.

I think my favorite line concludes the second verse:
     "Por tu gran virtud, fuiste digno custodio de la luz."
     "Through your great virtue, you were the dignified guardian of the light."


Hymn to Saint Joseph


Today at your feet, we put our life -
Today at your feet, Glorious Saint Joseph.
Hear our prayer and through your intercession
     we will obtain peace of heart.

In Nazareth next to the Holy Virgin -
In Nazareth, Glorious Saint Joseph,
You took care of the child Jesus because through your great virtue
     you were the dignified guardian of the light.

With simplicity humble carpenter - 
With simplicity, Glorious Saint Joseph,
You labored well, worker of the Lord
     offering work and prayer.

You had faith in God and His promise -
You had faith, Glorious Saint Joseph.
Teacher of Prayer obtain for us the gift
     to listen and follow the voice of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment