Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Prayer for Purity

I recently came across this prayer for purity written by St Alphonsus Liguori and wanted to share:

Mary, Mother most pure, and Joseph, chaste guardian of the Virgin, to you I entrust the purity of my soul and body. I beg you to plead with God for me that I may never for the remainder of my life soil my soul by any sin of impurity. I earnestly wish to be pure in thought, word, and deed in imitation of your own holy purity. Obtain for me a deep sense of modesty, which will be reflected in my external conduct. Protect my eyes; the windows of my soul, from anything that might dim the luster of a heart that must mirror only Christ-like purity. And when the “Bread of Angels” becomes my food in Holy Communion, seal my heart forever against the suggestions of sinful pleasures. Finally, may I be among those of whom Jesus spoke, “Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment