Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Prince Joe

As we come to the end of this Liturgical Year and approach the final Sunday of Christ the King of the Universe, I thought it would be appropriate to share (perhaps again?, I don’t really recall) a line from scripture that has been applied to Joe from the early years of the Church: “He made him lord over his household, ruler over all his possessions...” (Psalm 105:21). What immediately follows also catches my attention: “... to instruct his princes as he desired, to teach his elders wisdom.” (Psalm 105:22). 

Joe taught Jesus, Who really was Joe’s elder, but Joe did not allow himself to be filled with pride. No, Joe acted in humility-simply doing what God the Father commanded when He commanded it. For this reason, Joe truly is the greatest prince of his Son’s Kingdom.

This coming Saturday, we remember the memory of Blessed Fr. Miguel Pro, a Mexican Jesuit priest who was martyred for serving the persecuted Catholics of Mexico in 1927. It’s hard for me to believe that it has almost been a whole year since I visited the Church of the Holy Family in Mexico City that keeps his relics. (I shared some pictures in La Parroquia de la Sagrada Familia...) I feel it is appropriate to share once again the painting in the apes of the sanctuary:

No comments:

Post a Comment