Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Leaving NCYC with Joe

This past weekend, I was blessed to accompany a group of high schoolers on a trip to the National Catholic Youth Congress (NCYC) in Indianapolis, Indiana. I learned when we arrived that there is a standing tradition at NCYC to trade hats and other memorabilia (as well as clipping clothespins on others without them noticing). The last day there, I happened to come across this hard hat, and I begged the high schooler to trade with me. She agreed, and I came home with Joe on my head! I have no idea how many times this hat was traded in order to get me, but I believe Joe was certainly working on making it happen.


It apparently originated from high schooler from St Joseph Parish in Cold Spring, Kentucky. Check out their website here, and if you find yourself in the area, you should stop on in and say a prayer for all young people. As Joe was the guardian of Jesus in His youth, so he is also of all young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment