Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Whatever you ask the Father in my name

In Terror of Demons, I shared a quote from St. Teresa of Avila's Autobiography in which she wrote that Joe had answered all of her petitions to God through him without fail. I can honestly say that this has largely been my experience too.

Just a couple days ago, I was struck by what Jesus said to his disciples, "Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you." (John 16:23) I've said many times already that Joe, as Jesus' earthly father, is the perfect icon of God the Father. If this is so, then it makes sense why he has been found to be a powerful intercessor in every case. I would go so far as to say that Jesus also says to us, "Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask Joseph in my name he will give you."

If you want to know the Father's Heart, “Go to Joseph and do whatever he tells you.” (Gen. 41:55)

No comments:

Post a Comment