Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Joe the Builder

Today is an awesome day! First and foremost we continue our celebration of Our Lord’s Resurrection in the Easter Season. Today, we also celebrate the feast of St. Joseph the Carpenter today on May 1st.
At the Last Supper, Jesus told his disciples, “In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. Where I am going you know the way.” (John 14:1-4)

Why do I share this? First, Joe was a carpenter in this life; so, why could he not be a carpenter in Eternal Life? Second, what if Joe really was assumed body and soul into heaven?

Do you think it’s possible (if not probable) that Jesus and Joseph are working together to build the Father’s house for us? I find it to be a humbling thought that Jesus and Joseph might be working on my heavenly bedroom or yours right now.

Pure speculation… but one I like to think about.

And what is “the way” that Jesus spoke about at the Last Supper? To Jesus, through Mary, with St. Joseph!

No comments:

Post a Comment