Wednesday, January 16, 2019

La Parroquia de la Sagrada Familia, Mexico City, Mexico

As I mentioned last week, I just spent some time in Mexico. While there I visited la Parroquia de la Sagrada Familia (the Parish of the Holy Family), a Jesuit parish in Mexico City. The primary purpose of my visit was to visit the relics of Blessed Miguel Pro, a Mexican Jesuit priest who was martyred in 1927; the fact that the parish had the Holy Family as its patron was an additional bonus to the visit. Relative to the many other churches I visited, this one was certainly a young church - its construction began in 1910 and concluded in 1925. Naturally, there were many images of José. This week, I share a couple of my favorite pictures of this beautiful church:

 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment