Thursday, January 3, 2019

Father of Love

This is one of my absolutely favorite images of Joe.


There is just something very real about the image. I have had a lot of experience of newborns in my family, and from what I have observed, there are not many things that makes a new-mother happier than when the new-father gets up in the middle of the night to take care of the wailing child in order to allow his wife to rest. There is just something very manly and fatherly of Joe taking care of Jesus in the quiet of the night.

If I had to put a narrative to this picture, I don’t think I could express it any better than how Michael Card did in Joseph’s Song. If you were Joe and had the opportunity to hold our God in your arms, what would you say? Would you say the same to Him when you receive Him in the Holy Eucharist? I pray that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment