Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Traveling to Bethlehem

I'm writing this post early because this week, I'm on an actual 8-day silent retreat--meaning, no internet! Yeah!!! Please, pray for me and the other men with me.

Last week, I shared a little about the Coptic feast of the Entrance into Egypt, but we know that this was not the first time the Holy Family had to travel.

I love this icon written by Brother Claude Lane, O.S.B. particularly because Mary is clothed the same as when she appeared at Guadalupe. You can learn more about the particular symbolism in this icon here. The last little section connects the Holy Eucharist with Joe. There will be more on this connection next week!

By the way, did you know that the Aztec symbols in the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe indicate that she was pregnant. You can learn more about the symbolism in the Guadalupe image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment