Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Jesus' Prayer for Joe

Last week, I shared Joe's prayer of preparation for death according to the History of Joseph the Carpenter. This week, I'm sharing the same story's account of Jesus praying for Joe at the moment of his death. May this be our prayer for those who are dying!

O Father of all mercy, eye which see, and ear which hear, hearken to my prayers and supplications in behalf of the old man Joseph; and send Michael, the prince of Your angels, and Gabriel, the herald of light, and all the light of Your angels, and let their whole array walk with the soul of my father Joseph, until they shall have conducted it to You. This is the hour in which my father has need of compassion. And I say unto you, that all the saints, yea, as many men as are born in the world, whether they be just or whether they be perverse, must of necessity taste of death

No comments:

Post a Comment