Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Scriptural Meditations

The 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation of the Incarnation
   “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38)
The 2nd Joyful Mystery: The Visitation of Mary with her Cousin Elizabeth
   "How does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)
The 3rd Joyful Mystery: The Nativity of Jesus in the Stable at Bethlehem
   "You will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:12)
The 4th Joyful Mystery: The Presentation of the Lord in the Temple
   "Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel." (Luke 2:34)
The 5th Joyful Mystery: The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
   “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.” (Luke 2:48)

The First Sorrowful Mystery: The Agony in the Garden
   “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matt. 26:39)
The Second Sorrowful Mystery: The Scourging at the Pillar
   "I found him guilty of no capital crime. Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him.” (Luke 23:22)
The Third Sorrowful Mystery: The Crowning with Thorns
   “Hail, King of the Jews!” (Matt. 27:29)
The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery: The Carrying of the Cross
   “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children." (Luke 23:28)
The Fifth Sorrowful Mystery: The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord
   “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matt. 27:46)

The First Glorious Mystery: The Resurrection of Our Lord from the Dead
   “Peace be with you.” (John 20:19)
The Second Glorious Mystery: The Ascension of Our Lord
   "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19)
The Third Glorious Mystery: The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost
   "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins" (Acts 2:38)
The Fourth Glorious Mystery: The Assumption of Mary, Body and Soul, into Heaven
   "Well done, my good and faithful servant... Come, share your master’s joy." (Matt. 25:21)
The Fifth Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
   "Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." (Matt. 25:34)

No comments:

Post a Comment